Friday, July 24, 2009

Awesome Twitter Apps: Twaitter & Twitter Grader

My previous post about Twitter applications had information about who I prefer to follow, and how I manage my posts through TweetDeck and TwitterFeed. These two continue to prove invaluable: TweetDeck for everyday interactions with people and TwitterFeed for automated posts of any new content added to our site, our blog, and our Delicious bookmarks.

I have, however, discovered a couple more applications that help manage my content.

Twaitter is a service that allows you to schedule tweets so they may be posted at certain times. For example, a "Happy New Year's" tweet that is sent every January 1st, at 12:00AM. You have the option to set up a reocurring tweet (as would be the example New Year's message) or one time tweets.

How are one-time tweets beneficial?
I use Twitter for networking. I connect with others who share the same interests as I do. I also connect with potential, present, and past customers. There are also people who follow me because they like to read the information I provide. If I know I will be away from my computer for a prolonged period of time, I may enter some tweets that are relevant to the current topic/content I have been tweeting recently and set those tweets to post every hour or two. This way followers get the information they expect. How about setting up a famous #FollowFriday on Wednesday? Sure! You can't possible suggest everyone in one single tweet. So once you have a #FollowFriday tweet that is at capacity, 'set it and forget it' by scheduling the post sometime on Friday.

The next service is for SEO, and marketing research (sort of).

Twitter Grader is a service that works, and can be used, in almost the same manner as Alexa for websites. You simply type in your Twitter username and it will generate a report of the number of followers you have, the number of people you are following, your rank, some suggestions, and a grade. Of course the rank and grades are based on a contrast between your profile and all other Twitter profile.

Be sure to follow us on Twitter: @glycotraner. I am excellent at responding to dire messages (DM) and any other public mentions (@glycotrainer) you make.

To learn more about GlycoTrainer, visit the "About Us" page on GlycoTrainer.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment