Wednesday, April 7, 2010

How Often do You Eat Canned Tuna?

Heavy metals have deposited into our oceans where all marine life end up eating them. The bigger the fish, the more metal it contains because it accumulates metals from the organisms it eats.

Animals are, for the most part, unable to get rid of heavy metals like mercury and lead. These circulate through the blood until they deposit in the brain. When an organism eats another smaller organism (like a tuna fish eating a smaller fish) the larger retains the heavy metals. When you eat the larger fish, you in turn store the heavy metals in the fish.

So, what's the big deal?
Metal conducts electricity. Our brain communicates via the central nervous system largely by electrical signals. With these heavy metal deposit, your brain literally short circuits and signals do not reach target cells.

Recently, "tests on more than 300 samples of canned tuna from the top three brands in the United States revealed that more than half contained mercury levels above what's considered safe by the Environmental Protection Agency." Yes, 55% of the samples were highly contaminated with mercury above accepted levels.

"The health effects of mercury poisoning include central nervous system damage, hearing loss and vision problems."

The FDA currently suggest that NO MORE than 6 ounces of fish be consumed per week because of this problem.

And according to the researchers, "White typically has greater levels of the toxin than light."

Article [MedlinePlus]: Tests Show Top Tuna Brands Have High Mercury Levels

This same problem exists in omega 3 supplements because they are taken from fish. Contact us to find out about an omega 3 supplement that undergoes a patented, double molecular distillation process to ensure it is the cleanest in existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment